Monday 12 October 2015

Choosing a cover photo


I had two photos to choose from of my chosen cover model, with both photos I would have had to crop out the background and insure the photo was a mid shot and not a full body.
The first photo shows my cover model smiling in an outdoor environment with the light reflecting, this is a warm and friendly photo. The model is also wearing smart uniform with a blazer and this promotes the idea that the magazine is for those who wish to be well presented.
My second photo shows two well dressed students smiling, however the way in which they are standing does not show pride in the school as much as the first photo and is more relaxed. Due to the first issue of my magazine being about outstanding Ofsted results, I am going to choose the first photo where the school logo is prominent and neat.
When I edited the first photo to be my final image. I edited and blended out the background so that the image was more focussed on the cover model. I also cropped the image to be a mid-shot of the model as asked in the preliminary task.

No comments:

Post a Comment