Monday 16 November 2015

Analysis of my questionnaire results

I asked 13 questions to a group of people through the social media site Facebook. This is so that I have a wide range of different opinions and can see who I should aim my magazine at and the price and genre I should focus on.
The first question asked how old the person taking the survey was, this meant I could see the links between people of the same age for the other questions and work out the favourite opinions of my target audience of 16-20 year olds.
The second question asked the gender so this could also help me see who my magazine would appeal to more and if there was a different in favourite music genre depending on the gender of the person.
I then asked a simple question of whether someone reads a magazine regularly or not. This helps me understand what age range and genre is more likely to read a magazine and purchase one on a regular basis. The results for this was that an older audience is less likely to buy a magazine then a younger audience, however, there was very little male users who purchase magazines.
I then asked for the type of magazine they favoured. I gave a selection of 6 popular music magazines so that I could see what type of magazine I should base mine on. It showed that many of the younger audience preferred NME and Vibe as their favourite magazine. There was no choice of Classical magazine showing that this genre of music would not be useful as a feature in my magazine.
This linked in with the question of their favourite genre of music, by asking this, I could see that House was the most popular among teenagers and my target audience chose drum and bass, pop and house as their three most popular music types. I can therefore use this information to add into my magazine and make it appeal to the majority of young people.
I asked the question of my audiences favourite colour and their favourite high street brand so that I can feature these certain things in my magazine. By incorporating the favoured colours and styles of my intended audience, I can form a magazine that is user friendly and appealing to a wide range of people.
Furthermore, to gather more personal information about my audience I asked how they listen to their music and how many gigs they attend on a yearly basis. From this, I can gather the types of personalities they have and whether they are out going or more shy and preserved. This could be reflected on the image of my magazine and how I promote it to my audience.
I insured to ask a question on pricing on the survey as this is important for the marketing of my magazine. By asking about price, I can see where my own magazines finances should be aiming in order to make a good profit yeah still be reasonably priced so many people are interested in buying it. The younger audience answered that they would spend slightly less on a magazine compared to the older audience, however they are more interested in buying the magazine, therefore I know to market my magazine in the range of roughly £2 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment