Wednesday 18 November 2015

Mock Magazine

 



I chose this theme as my mock up magazine as I wanted to promote the magazine to a teenage audience. The girl on my front cover is a model photo I found online and is a perfect example of who my target audience is. She has a pair of headphones on proving she enjoys music and is sitting in a position where she looks relaxed. This promotes the idea that music is enjoyable and can encourage people to be chilled.

Also, the use of colour was thought about when I created this mock up. I matched the pink colour of the headphones and accessories of the cover model to the puffs, tagline and outline of the mast head. This means that the magazine can look more professional and I will make sure this is done again when creating my final cover. The link of colours is important because it shows that thought has been put into the way that the magazine was created. Giving it a more professional look.

When creating my double page spread, I want to insure that my entire magazine has a on-going theme and does not become confused and unfocused. I must insure that there is a clear link between the model on the front cover and the model featured on the double page spread. I believe the use of a younger girl who will be similar to my ideal entity, could be very effective in making my magazine attractive and sell well once it has been launched. Therefore I must consider this when planning my official photo shoot for my magazine.

Another feature I will need to focus on when creating my contents page is the fonts used. The font of the mast head is effective as it is unique but still on the simple side. However, I think the colour and border of my mast head needs to be reviewed so it suits the wants and requirements of my target audience. Also, I think the font of the text on the rest of the front cover mock should be reviewed to make it stand out more and give an appealing element to the information it is showing.


No comments:

Post a Comment